2021 Pinewood Derby
Post date: Feb 6, 2021 2:04:41 PM
Virtual Pinewood Derby Race is coming Sat. March 6th, Time TBD!
Pinewood Derby Pre-Registration Click the Link
Although things will look different this year, all the excitement of preparing and racing your car will still be there!
We will record and live stream the virtual pinewood derby with a camera on the cars and the scoreboard. Scouts are encouraged to log on and cheer on their fellows scouts. A time schedule will be sent out later with approximate time windows for each den race.
Each scout is responsible for obtaining their own pinewood derby car kit. Siblings may enter at no fee and adults may also enter with a $10 donation.
We are offering two options for car check-in this year.
1) You can do "contactless" check in by dropping off your car anytime from Sunday, Feb 21st - Saturday, Feb 27th at 1150 Kettletown Road. There will be a box on the porch for you to place your car in.
Please remember to write in sharpie your full name and the year on the bottom of your car (no past cars may be used).
Remember to double/triple check that your car satisfies the following rules:
- Weight of the car must not exceed 5 oz
- All 4 tires must be touching the track
- 3/8 inch clearance between the bottom of the car and the track
- Must not exceed 2 3/4 inch wide or 7 inch long
- No extended wheelbase
If a minor change is needed to satisfy the rules, you give the leadership team permission to make that change. In the event of a major change, you will be contacted.
2) Live check-in is offered on Sunday Feb 28th at 622 Jacob Rd. Time slots available when you pre-register.
There are 4 lanes on the track. Each car will race on each lane randomly against all the other cars in their den. The total time will be calculated and compared against the other cars in your den for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, as well as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of the pack for trophies.
There will also be an award for coolest car per den and coolest car of the pack and the slowest car that completes the race.